Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology

565 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL 60661 | Google Map

facebook | twitter | www.kentlaw.edu

Founded 1888 | ABA Accredited 1936

Chicago-Kent is the second oldest law school in Illinois. Judge Thomas Moran and Judge Joseph Bailey founded Chicago Evening Law Classes in 1888 when they wanted to offer a part-time curriculum to working men and women. At the same time, a former dean of Northwestern University Law School, Marshall D. Ewell, founded Kent College of Law. The two schools merged to form Chicago-Kent College of Law. In 1969 Chicago-Kent merged with Illinois Institute of Technology, recognizing “the need for a partnership between legal education and science and technology to prepare students properly to face the challenges of a complex society.” (Chicago-Kent Website).

“In January 1992, Chicago-Kent moved into a new ten-story, state-of-the-art building located at 565 West Adams Street in downtown Chicago. The building is equipped with the latest technology and includes a five-story library, a complete courtroom that seats one hundred people, and significant additional space for classroom and student activities.” (Chicago-Kent Website).

NOTABLE ALUMNI

Ida Platt, First woman of color admitted to Illinois bar and second admitted to practice law in the United States Judge Abraham Lincoln Marovitz, Distinguished Federal District Judge Richard B. Ogilvie, Governor of Illinois Homer J. Livingston Jr., President and CEO of Midwest Stock Exchange (reinstated original name, the Chicago Stock Exchange) Lester H. McKeever, Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago

Chicago-kent_college_of_law-1_medium

Rankings

POLL OF POLLS#77

SELECTIVITY RANK#73

About Rankings Data

© 2017 AdmissionsDean.com LLC. All Rights Reserved. Release: LOCAL_20171018235243